Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Hungry hippo

A Declan's first birthday approaches, I have been grieving about this being the end of my baby years. Declan is my last baby and he is moving himself, feeding himself, standing himself.... No more infant deliciousness, no more gurgling and cooing. In my more sentimental moments I have declared to Jeremy that I don't want this baby phase to end and that I will breastfeed Declan until he is 6. Jeremy scoffs.

But my sentiments have been... erm, shall we say.... nipped in the bud?

My little one has been leaving bite marks. Often. And all of a sudden, I'm thinking he'll not only be crawling and standing by his birthday, but he will also be weaned. And I'm not sad about it at all.

These days of being chomped by a hungry hippo, vaguely disguised as a cute baby, are soon coming to an end.

12hours later update:
I lied. I am very sad about it. The biting has worsened. The nursing has ended. And that is that. 6 1/2 years of being pregnant or breastfeeding is suddenly over. Oh sheesh.



2 Comments:

Blogger angelindisguise said...

it reminds me of this:
http://youtu.be/5jur5cgqHmI

Just so not to miss your SA roots too much :)

4:44 am  
Blogger Amazing Hypatia said...

Aw... Babies indeed do grow up so fast!

As an outsider and observer, I do love their soft, smooth skin! There is nothing on earth that can feel as cute as baby skin.

10:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker