Friday, February 01, 2013

Love languages

I think Teg's love language is quality time. But then again, I'm not sure it isn't gifts. Maybe it's just the way of five year olds but my little girl loves to give and receive gifts. She writes us notes, she makes us projects, she picks me flowers. It is too precious.

This week two things make me think she's a love-gift kinda gal.

Firstly, she and her daddy made tangerine ice for dessert. It was delicious, and after dinner I told her so and thanked her. She ran over and hugged me "I made it because I love you mommy!" Then she ran and hugged Callum: "and I made it for you because I love you, Boo", then to Jeremy "I made it because I love you daddy." And then she dissolved in a fit of giggles and hugged herself saying "i'm just giving myself a little hug because I also made it for me!"

And then yesterday, driving home in a gorgeous sunset, she noted: "look how God has painted the sky with colors! He painted it because he loves us!"

Indeed. A sunset as a gift. Because He loves us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker