Monday, July 31, 2006

World Wide Web indeed

I started this blog to try and keep a more "day to day" newsletter going for my friends and family across the globe. Since very few people leave comments, I had no idea who was actually reading it (if anyone)... until recently.

So now I have a "tracker" on my blog that tells me which IP addresses (and countries) people view my page from - and the results are incredible to me. I have NO idea how some folk find my blog, or where the links come from, but since the 4th June I have had "visitors" from the US, South Africa, the UK, Belgium and Australia (no surprises there)... but also from Oman, Egypt, Estonia, Japan, Afghanistan, Canada, Singapore, Spain, Germany, Italy, Sweden and Norway.

!!!!!

I can think of friends in Afghanistan (Hi C), Japan (Hi J), possibly Sweden (Hi A&A)... and a few more... but as for Egypt, Oman, Estonia and a few others - ummm. hello, and "it's nice to meet you"?!?

2 Comments:

Blogger Charisse said...

Isn't it cool?!
Met a girl last night who knows a friend of ours from school (worked together in Angola)and what's more I think I met (briefly) the girl who couldn't decide whether to come to Afghanistan with Medair, so you sent her my e-mails...
It's a teeny tiny world.

5:20 am  
Blogger jodi said...

hey bronwyn - aha, so there's more than me in the land of Oz? where do you get this tracker thing from? i think i want one!
PS - looking forward to readinf more about your experiences while you're in the states

5:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker