Game changers
My world is for the most part a very stable place, but today I am aware of a few game changers in the works:
Spiders: today I killed another black widow spider. Note the use of the word another. I need a plan.
Stairs: two thirds of my children have fallen down the stairs in the month we have lived here, despite a "no playing on the stairs or upstairs" rule. I try not live terrified or anxious, but on the topic of stairs I have to fight this.
Bicycles: I have a new one. And a bike trainer. And a fitness plan. And an entry in the cape argus cycle tour 2013. 107 km, here I come!
Half the sky: there's a documentary by the same name, but I am reading the book. I dare not finish this book the same person I started as. I am sure I will blog on this again. Nag me if I don't. I must, must act on this.
Literacy: tegwyn has had an explosion of progress in her literacy skills, such that I now need to presume that she can understand at least something of whatever I am reading. New filter required. New awareness of printed material in the house. New heart- stopping moments of sweetness as she continues to write her hearts' thoughts down. Today she called me in to the playroom where she had been industriously writing and asked me to deliver this note to Callum in the living room: I am ulon (alone). Ples cum.
Spiders: today I killed another black widow spider. Note the use of the word another. I need a plan.
Stairs: two thirds of my children have fallen down the stairs in the month we have lived here, despite a "no playing on the stairs or upstairs" rule. I try not live terrified or anxious, but on the topic of stairs I have to fight this.
Bicycles: I have a new one. And a bike trainer. And a fitness plan. And an entry in the cape argus cycle tour 2013. 107 km, here I come!
Half the sky: there's a documentary by the same name, but I am reading the book. I dare not finish this book the same person I started as. I am sure I will blog on this again. Nag me if I don't. I must, must act on this.
Literacy: tegwyn has had an explosion of progress in her literacy skills, such that I now need to presume that she can understand at least something of whatever I am reading. New filter required. New awareness of printed material in the house. New heart- stopping moments of sweetness as she continues to write her hearts' thoughts down. Today she called me in to the playroom where she had been industriously writing and asked me to deliver this note to Callum in the living room: I am ulon (alone). Ples cum.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home