Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pregnancy Test

Yesterday I took a pregnancy test. Not because I suspected I was pregnant (I was pretty sure I wasn't), but because I'm changing health care plans and they wanted to establish that I wasn't pregnant for sure before agreeing to cover me... So I had to go in to the offices, give them a sample, and wait until this morning for the results. It's negative. And while I'm pleased (and almost nonchalant, because I'm thinking 'OF COURSE I'm not pregnant'), it's funny how I'm a little disappointed at the same time. Not that I wanted to be pregnant now (I'd definitely rather wait a while).... but if I was, I'd have been delighted. And so since I'm not, I'm disappointed. We humans are funny creatures.

2 Comments:

Blogger MazBrost said...

Indeed we are funny creatures! But that feeling is very, very common amongst women who have had one child. There is something innate about having children (like, DUH!) that is fundamental to what it means to be a woman. This is what we were designed for (not solely, but specifically) and when we are fulfilling that purpose, it brings such incredible joy (until the morning sickness sets in - then we'd love nothing more than NOT to be pregnant!)

11:07 am  
Blogger Elle said...

It isn't just women who have had one child; I felt like this recently as well. We definitely aren't in a place to be having children right now, and I don't feel ready in any way to be having children, but when it became obvious that I wasn't pregnant, there was still a tiny seed of disappointment deep within me. Mostly relief, but still some disappointment.

1:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker