Saturday, December 11, 2010

Identity...

One of the more disturbing things to happen in our house lately was that I received a letter from Kaiser (my health provider when Callum was born), informing me that they just discovered that one of their technicians "accessed and viewed" my personal identifiable information and medical history without "authorized medical need to do so", while I was in the Labor and Delivery Unit giving birth. Kaiser said they  were "obligated to inform me", that the "technician has since been fired", and that I may "file a complaint should I choose to do so". My social security number apparently wasn't breached, so it seems that identity theft wasn't the goal. I called to ask more questions, and it seems they have no idea why this person did it - although it seems that they viewed many people's files. That it wasn't just me lets me a little at ease... but I wonder WHY? Were they looking for baby names? for a long lost relative? doing their own research on average age or marital status of people in their hospital? Who knows, but it's all just... a little freaky.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Armstrong Brood said...

This gives me the heebie jeebies!

6:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker