Thursday, May 24, 2007

Incredible technology

I can hardly believe I live in an age (and a country) where things like this are possible.... and now it just got more amazing.

We belong to an online movie service: we choose our movies on the internet, and they mail them to our door. We watch at our convenience. We mail them back. They send the next one on our queue. No more spending hours standing in the store agonizing over choices. No more late night "oh no!!! We have to take back the movie now!" yelps...

But now it just got better. In addition to the front-door-delivery service, we get an additional 13 hours of "free movies" which we can download from their site per month. Last night we found ourselves with movies 'in the mail' and time to kill - so we decided to try the service. It took all of 17 seconds to download, and we got to watch the movie without moving from our chairs. Now if that isn't impressive, I don't know what is....

P.S. Only one small qualm with all this: it only runs on PC's with Windows XP, and only using Explorer. No Mozilla. No Macs.... But just for this once, I'm glad to have some Microsoft Muscle in my machine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker