Sunday, May 28, 2006

"Enough!" she cried.

Things that I recall there being too much media attention about include: Princess Diana's death, AIDS being the "gay disease" of San Francisco (I remember this from primary school), Brad and Jennifer, Conspiracy theories about WMD, and now - the Da Vinci Code.

I am officially "Da Vinci'd-out".

I just wanted to say that.

6 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Yup, I'm pretty close too.

Hey. thanks for the comment Bron, I didn't even know you were blogging! Opps. Anyway, just had a browse thru - nice. Was at Jenni and Andrew's (Mr and Mres Gallaway) wedding on Saturday. All went swimmingly.

1:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We laughed in... delight? unbelief? astonishment? cynicism? when we came across "The Da Vinci Treasure" in Blockbuster yesterday. The description read something similar to: "Forensic archeologist, Michael Archer is hired to track and recover the recently stolen Shroud of Turin. As Archer races around the world, he must uncover the mystery behind Leonardo Da Vinci's most profound and secretive work, which will surely shake the foundation of the Catholic Church." The cover made it look like it was The Da Vinci Code with some bombs and explosions thrown in.

You'll also be pleased to know that there is an entire shelf dedicated to Da Vinci Code-related DVDs at your local Blockbuster.

12:22 pm  
Blogger Bronwyn said...

Thanks for the headsup - I will be sure to avoid that for a couple of weeks...

To add to the mayhem - last week on a popular woman's magazine they "revealed" the "Da Vinci Code diet" - where you could lose a pound a week by following some encoded secrets?!?!

3:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that magazine cover, too!! Without actually having read the article, my ideas for a Da Vinci Code diet are: 1) Get involved in a conspiracy. 2) Drive/run frantically around the city, with no time to eat or sleep. 3) If you do eat, only eat airplane peanuts (while you are flying to your next location).

You will be sure to lose weight if you repeat this for several days in a row ...... assuming that you avoid getting shot or hit over the head by scary albinos, in which case it won't matter if you're trying to lose weight or not.

10:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops, I keep forgetting that you are Da-Vinci-Coded-out, and here I am continuing to post comments about it. My apologies.

10:27 am  
Blogger Bronwyn said...

all is forgiven. the comic relief is welcome. if you'd ever like to do a DVC workout and run around a bit, followed by a peanut snack - I'm open to persuasion...

5:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker